What do we do?
SDA Design Consultants (SDA) is a multi-disciplinary civil and structural engineering consultancy offering a broad range of professional services to develop the built environment. We achieve this by collaborating with Architects, Planning Consultants, Cost Consultants, Contractors and Developers. In addition, we interact with specialists such as Geotechnical Engineers, Land Surveyors, Arboricultural Consultants, Archaeologists and Ecologists, to deliver sustainable and cost-effective projects for the benefit of our Clients.
Our services span the entire project lifecycle from inception & pre-planning to concept design, full planning, detailed design, construction support and project completion! Our services include:
Structural Engineering Services
- Structural surveys and reports;
- Building appraisals;
- Site assessments;
- Foundation design;
- Retaining structure design;
- Superstructure design (structural steel, masonry, timber and reinforced concrete);
- Building Information Modelling (BIM);
- 3D concept site development plans; and
- 3D clash detection and Digital Model integration.
Civil Engineering Drainage Services
- Flood Risk Assessments;
- Drainage Strategies;
- Foul Water design (including on-site solutions);
- Surface Water and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) design; and
- Section 104, 106 and 185 of the Water Industry Act applications.
Civil Engineering Transportation and Highway Services
- Highway Access Statements;
- Transport Statements;
- Visibility Splay Assessments;
- Vehicle Swept Path Analysis (vehicle tracking);
- Non-adoptable roadway and driveway design;
- Car Parking design;
- Adoptable highway design; and
- Section 184, 278 and 38 of the Highways Act applications.
Our project delivery is supported using the latest edition industry standard AutoCAD, Revit3D, Infraworks, Microdrainage, Tekla and Tedds design software. We are also proud to serve on the UK BIM Alliance forum.